Janubians

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_quicksilver.net.nz>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 14:42:05 +1200

Mikko:

>I just brought up the Esvulari because they are the only published
>example of large scale veneration of theistic entities.

The Esvulari are not large-scale. They are a very small sect and the biggest practitioners of misapplied worship. The God-Learner approach was not to practice misapplied worship but to:

         [Weave] the four modes of magic into one etheric
         cloth of powers and energies [...]
                 Glorantha: Intro p32
                 Cults Compendium p20

Hence the God Learners would have worshipped Gods as Gods, Spirits as Spirits and Saints as Saints. In HeroQuest terms, their approach is mixed worship, not misapplied worship. I also find it noteworthy that the Aeolians never made their peace with the God Learners, which would have happened if their basic approach to foreign gods were the same.

--Peter Metcalfe