Nobility

From: Mikko Rintasaari <rintasaa_at_mail.student.oulu.fi>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 19:04:02 +0300 (EEST)

Donald Oddy wrote:
<snip>
:Superfluous nobility aren't a problem if only one son can
:inherit the father's rank - the rest drop down the social scale to
:become knights.

Then we are pretty much back to real world. I don't see the need for a separation for knighthood and the nobility.

Those who like the four caste system instead of the traditional three are of course welcome to it.

  ***

Glorantha has brilliant strengths. What it does best is mythology, magic and religion. In these aspects the Gloranha material is unequalled, especially in the areas of myth.

But when we get to the wacky Californian humor that gives us Leonardo the Scientist and Richard the Tigerhearted... well. My gamers don't want things to break the suspension of disbelief. Luckily we can build around the strengths of the material and rework the weaknesses.

Good gaming to us all,

        -Adept