Re: Duke of Whatsit

From: Michael & Susan O'Brien <mrmob_at_emirates.net.ae>
Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 23:11:24 +0400

At 10:01 PM 5/13/2005 +0000, you wrote:
> :) Good one. Seriously though the only real nobles around are people
>like the Arab Emirites and the Saudi royal family... and they may not
>remain in control for very much longer.

While that might be so in Saudi, over here in Sun County*, sorry, the UAE the tribal/feudal structure in place in each emirate is very cohesive and as long as that black gold keeps oozing out of the ground and the ruling families keep spreading it around, the status quo is likely to stay as is.

*It really is like Sun County, in lots of ways which I must elaborate one day. There's even a building that is the spitting recreation of the Sun Dome Temple I can see from my office (it's actually the "Women's Cultural Foundation").

Michael, Susan, Harry & Leo O'Brien
[Apt.1001, Choithram's Building Tower A, Khalidya, Abu Dhabi] Postal Address: PO Box 32092, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates home: +971-2-665-9126 mobile: (MOB) +971-50-310-0361 (Sue) +971-50-329-5914 mrmob_at_emirates.net.ae