Re: Postcards from Glorantha

From: Michael & Susan O'Brien <mrmob_at_emirates.net.ae>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 21:38:42 +0400

At 11:00 AM 5/17/2005 +0000, you wrote:
>Can you post a link to a pic of said cultural centre, sounds like a great
Gloranthan postcard!!!

Here you go, I found a okayish photo of it on a Swedish expat's website. The Sun Dome Temple/Women's Cultural Centre is out on the breakwater*, so this shot looks back at the city of Abu Dhabi. Amazing to think 40 years ago Abu Dhabi largely consisted of huts made out of palm leaves clustered around the Ruler's Fort, which is just down the street from where I live (my building is almost directly behind the big flag pole in the pic):
http://hem.passagen.se/hakefjorden/View%20AD%203.JPG

*for another postcard pic - just as the Kralori Emperor Godunya builds his monumental bridges to show his mastery over the Suam Chow - here they're really into breakwaters and extending into the Gulf: check out how the 65km long Dubai coastline being extended by some **800** kilometers!:
http://www.gulf-news.com/Articles/BusinessNF.asp?ArticleID=163851 and
http://www.gowealthy.com/realestate/dubai/dubaiwaterfront/

Michael, Susan, Harry & Leo O'Brien
[Apt.1001, Choithram's Building Tower A, Khalidya, Abu Dhabi] Postal Address: PO Box 32092, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates home: +971-2-665-9126 mobile: (MOB) +971-50-310-0361 (Sue) +971-50-329-5914 mrmob_at_emirates.net.ae