Re: Your Finger, you Fool

From: Manuel MOLINIER <manuel.molinier_at_free.fr>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 18:26:57 +0200

I would say that I use french to represent all Gloranthan languages in most of my french players games ;-).

On an historical level there are always a mix of language with every human migration/invasion.
Probably that you could use different real languages for different Gloranthan languages but it would bring the problem that every player would have to learn the languages used.
I have seen in many English publications French expressions or vocabulary in the text so I guess some of it might be in use for special cultures.

If I had to use some writing in a very different language than my and my players own I would probably use Latin for the sun cult inspired civilisation like Sun Dome county for exemple. But again it target the different language writing to the peoples who can understand it.

Manuel

Just curious - does anyone use French as a representation of any Gloranthan language? I believe we've got some Norman overlord/Saxon peasant analogues down in Heortland where it might fit, but I've never played there myself.

Jane Williams

How much free photo storage do you get? Store your holiday snaps for FREE with Yahoo! Photos http://uk.photos.yahoo.com
--