Lunars and Mixing Magic

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_quicksilver.net.nz>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 23:48:54 +1200

Light Castle:

> > I'm even more convinced. The chief difference is that the
> > Trickster does what he must whereas the God Learner
> > has choice in his transformations.

>And the Red Goddess falls in this how? Lunar Magic is certainly
>accessible in all 3 forms, but it doesn't seem to have an option to
>switch (although one might suspect the Goddess herself was capable of
>such a feat, I don't know).

The Lunar magics relies on the insight that "we are all Us" to ignore the magical boundaries. Furthermore they are only able to use Lunar Magic of whatever source without penalty rather than transform any magic they know (as I suggested for the late God Learners). The secret insight that the Lunar mysteries brings is said to be illumination (although how this will differ from classic illumination is unknown).

--Peter Metcalfe