Re: Glorantha Digest, Vol 11, Issue 195

From: Robert Davis <lamorak33_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 13:07:37 +0100 (BST)

First of all, thanks for the replies!

From: Peter Metcalfe

Rob Davis:

>>What do you think would happen to a Larnsti who turned his back
>>on the Hendrekei and left Heortland. I currenlty have the guy killed
>>by a chaos demon.

Peter

>Well, he's breaking a geas but being killed by a chaos demon sounds about
>right.

Great! At least I'm not barking up the wrong tree!

>>Why do you think the above would have occured (specifically in the period
>>1600 to 1607)?

>Perhaps he had delusions about re-establishing the house of Sartar
>which had become extinct.

Hmmm. He settles down amongst the Culbrea and has a family (one son). Not sure, but an interesting idea....

[Jane chimes in]

KoS: "Sartar was a thane from the Orshanti clan of the Hendriki tribe. They were settled south of the Solthi River. But he did not maintain connections with them after he departed and entered Dragon Pass."

If your Larnsti was from the same clan, he could claim to be a blood relative? Very remotely, but it seems possible. We now know that Sartar himself wasn't Larnsti, of course, but a clan link seems feasible.

Interesting. I shall figure this into my deliberations!!

>>What normally marks someone out as a Larnsti, bearing in mind how
>>Heortling boys are initiated and 'chosen' by their deity.

>The same sort of signs that mark out a boy as a Humakti, Uroxi
>or whatever.

Ok, so nothing *unusual*

>>Do Larnsti initiate into Orlanth? (My guess is no)

>No. Orlanth's movement association is with Mastakos, not
>Larnste. If on the other hand, you are referring to the
>Pantheon then Larnsti can initiate into the Pantheon.

Ok, so in rules speak he gets the Storm Pantheon keyword, and has Larnste as his cult.

Jeff & Greg, will your write up about the Larnsti include cult specifics that would enable a player to be a Larnsti?

From: "Jane Williams"

Rob, where does your Larnsti go? Sartar? Or elsewhere?

All I know is that he met a woman of the Culbrea and settled down. They had Kurash, and when Kurash was about 10 years old the mirror eyed demon, killed the parents, a neighbour who tried to help but mysteriously left Kurash unharmed. Kurash has the ability 'Spared by Chaos'. I wonder if this is some kind of Larnsti residual effect from his father.....

Regards

Rob