Fazzur and Temertain

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 10:02:48 -0700

>I would like to show a juxtaposition of Twerpertain under Fazzur and
Twerpertain under Tatius. I get the
> impression that Fazzur was very much a backroom player, where as Tatius
has his arm up Twerps back, forcing
>him into a number of heinous (by Heortling viewpoint) acts.
 Here's some information from the SFC house game that illustrates our view on the relationship between Fazzur and Temertain:  Fire Season 1613
On Wild Day, Fazzur rode into Boldhome at the head of a huge column of troops. He wore ornate iron armor chased with silver, and two iron scimitars. His bodyguard of 18 fierce warriors also wore iron. Temertain waited to receive him, accompanied by a pack of werewolves. Fazzur gave bowed to him, and greeted him in excellent Sartarite as Temertain the Learned. He gave gifts, primarily papers and books. In the ceremonies confirming the surrender, Fazzur seemed to be going out of his way to pay respect to Temertain. There was a big feast, with some of the entertainment provided by the Lunars. Temertain was accompanied by Redbird. Fazzur and Temertain got along quite well and Fazzur discussed the theory of forms and other learned issues with Temertain.
 The Orindori were a powerful Tarshite clan, from which the hereditary kings came. His sister was married to the Prince-Regent of Tarsh, Pharandos. Fazzur had been a leader during the invasion. He was clearly in charge during the feast. His men called him Fazzur Wideread, since he could read several languages. In fact, he traveled with a library of a hundred books.  Fazzur's first cousin was the leader of the bodyguard. One of his companions, Dagius Furius, never removed his cowl. Gordius Silverus was another prominent Tarshite and the chief lieutenant of General Fazzur. He was to be the Lunar appointee to Temertain's Ring. Fazzur's men were busy planning, though he had Temertain review written plans. Fazzur tried to involve Temertain in as many decisions as possible.  Earth Season 1613
 In Earth Season, Temertain appointed Korlmhy Orlmarthingas his priest in charge of Sartar's rites. They also obtained a letter of free passage. Later that season, they were given leave to return to the Colymar. Temertain gave everyone gifts. There were a lot more Lunars in evidence now - perhaps four times as many as during Euglyptus's rule. Fazzur had his troops keep busy. Trade was brisk in Wilmskirk.
 Fire Season 1614

 Fazzur returned to Boldhome in Fire season, accompanied by the Yarandos Chargers (500 heavy Tarshite cavalry led by his son). There was also a train of Lunars, including 100 members of the Lunar College of Magic said to be from the city of Glamour. Their leader was a Dara Happan named Tatius, a kinsman of the former Governor-General. The beautiful Estal Donge, a Lunar noblewoman from Durnsa, of Tarshite or Syllilan origin, was part of the train. There were also nobles, merchants, traders, servants, crafters, dancing girls, and prostitutes. Fazzur had returned from Mirin's Cross, where he had been appointed Governer-General of Dragon Pass. People gave Tatius a lot of deference. He seemed not to be one of Fazzur's clients.

 There were now perhaps 4000 Lunars in Boldhome (as opposed to 5000 Boldhomers and 1000 Sartarites).

 Earth Season 1614

 Temertain's household required about 800 cattle per year, and he was maintaining 40 or 50 thanes (800-1000 cattle), plus 100 Telmori (1000 cattle). His entertaining was around 500 cattle. His sacred ceremonies took 400-500 cattle. He needed almost 4000 cattle each year. He took in perhaps 1000 from Boldhome and 1000 from the other cities. The clans paid 2400 in Tarshgeld. The Tarshgeld had not gone to the house of Sartar in over 10 years. The cities had not been paying either.

 His advisors agreed to tax the cities, and pay the Telmori. Many wanted to cut back elsewhere. Gordius said that the Governor-General would be happy to offer a subsidy to the Prince, to keep his status up. He offered to pay up to 1500 cows.

 There was unrest in Boldhome over the tax. Vonlanth faced down a mob of angry city folk who confronted Korlmhy.

 Temertain was taken with the Lunar noblewoman Estal Donge, who shared his interest in iron Brithini statuary. Few had ever seen anyone to compare with her beauty.

 The Lunars began several temples in Boldhome, including the favorite gods of the Tarshites. Among these were the Seven Mothers, protectors of the House of Phoronestes.

 Storm Season 1614

 Korlmhy made sure the Orlanth sacrifices were made regularly. The priests decided to call for an Uroxi to perform the ritual role for Bellower Day. A Praxian Storm Khan, riding a towering llama, arrived at the gates of Boldhome. The rider had a shaved head, except for a braided topknot, and was painted with odd designs. He was Orgwaha Blue Llama. The Bull sent him to Boldhome.

 Korlmhy performed the Summons of Evil from Thunder Ridge, while Orgwaha summoned Storm Bull from another peak. An oily cloud appeared over the ridge, raining pellets of grease which caused great pain to everyone. Then numerous tentacles slashed down at the group.

 To defend Temertain, Estal Donge invoked the Seven Mothers, and was answered by a red glow. Eventually, Brenna and Korlmhy's wind dispelled the cloud. Meanwhile, Orgwaha Blue Llama defeated a weaker menace.

 Unfortunately, most of Temertain's household was killed by the Chaos Thing.