Girls and the Star Heart (Heureka!)

From: Mikko Rintasaari <rintasaa_at_mail.student.oulu.fi>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 20:18:59 +0300 (EEST)

Thanks for the KoS quoute Jane. I had forgotten some of that.

Now that we've properly warmed to our subject I'm starting to develop a view.

The first initiation for Heortlings is based on a mortal hero Heort, and his brother Hengal of the Star Heart. The second initiation is based on a God / Goddess.

Of course the beginning of the original initiation is about the values and culture of Orlanth and Ernalda, but the secrets of surviving the Great Darkness are mortal secrets, not those of the Gods and Goddesses.

It wasn't Orlanth who fought in I Fought, We Wan! It was mortal men and women. Orlanth was on his Lighbringer Quest and Ernalda had fallen asleep as the land died.

Heorts secrets are mortal secrets, and they apply equally well for both men and women! (sorry, I'm exited for getting this) So the ending in Greg's initiation quest fits perfectly for both men and women.

In the end of the initiation every boy or girl is alone. There are no friend, no parents, no gods. It's just you, and you have to face the Chaos with the secrets of the Star Heart.

!!!

It may just be the moment, but I'm 99% sure that fits much, much better than a compleatly separate initiation for girls, wihout Heort or Hengal.

I'm even prettty sure I can fish out some support for this from KoS. Let's see...

        -Adept