Re: "Normal" husbands

From: Noel Montealegre <HughLong_at_msn.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 20:28:45 -0500

>From: Stephen Tempest <gd_at_stempest.demon.co.uk>

>But he can't make pottery using the Bless New Kiln, Colour Glaze, or

>Pattern Firing feats. He has no access to the Weave Cloth Without

>Flaw feat. He can't Make Audience Happy, Get Everyone's Attention, or

>Make Children Laugh if he becomes an entertainer. He can't even

>Ignite Fire!

>Or rather he can do all these things, if he initiates to Nandan first.

All true, at least for beginning HQ characters. But if a PC is patient

he can later on get the common magic knockoffs that sound similar and

work just as well.

This is probably the secret behind "No one can live alone". Our

hypothetical normal Heortling Husband Healer (HHHn) needs those Nandan

devotees around to cover those areas where the HHHn is deficient.

Interestingly, I believe the normal Heortling WIFE Healer (HWHn)

actually defers to those Nandan devotees. Once she drops the first

kid it's goodbye Heal People and Heal Relationships affinities, hello

Bless Childbirth and Bless Mothers.

This is something no Nandan Devotee Everywoman Shaped Like a Man

(NDESLaM) ever has to worry about. They can remain healers with

healing magic all their lives. Only Chalana Arroy stands in the way

of total Nandan Healer domination.

>Conversely, by your argument there was no need for Kallyr Starbrow to

>join Vinga: she could just initiate to Orane the Steadwife and make

>use of Flesh Man talents such as Hide in Cover, Jump Safely and

>Throwing Stick to attack the Lunars...

True, but for some reason she heard the call of Vinga instead. Also

Kallyr doesn't have children (that we know about) so she probably

isn't eligible for any Allmother cult. Anyway she's not a steadwife.

However, note that one of Kallyr's supporters is a certain "Heortling

Steadwife" and "initiate to Enferalda". (I leave her unnamed for

possible spoiler purposes.) Apparently, Kallyr is mentoring a young

woman, showing her (unnamed) how she (Kallyr) would do it if she

(Kallyr) could do it all over again. We will know for sure when

future publications list her (unnamed) as an initiate of Orane with

the Throw Stick talent.

Have I made myself clear? ;)

[OMG! (Oh My Glorantha), what if (unnamed) is a Nandani? Hmm, must

think about this some more.]