Re: More on Ernalda Sleeps

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 12:46:47 +0100 (BST)

> Well, first off, it seems that Greg's written the
> female initiation rite
> now, but the discussion is still interesting. (And
> there must be a HQ
> similar to this one, even if not an initiation.)

In fact Greg's one seems to include this one, if I'm understanding it correctly. You get to go through the entire history of the universe. Including the little section we'd picked out. We were thinking far too small.

> I'm sure all HQs are scary, even if you are sure you
> are doing them correctly, true.

If there's (say) 1:100 chance of dying, that's pretty scary!

> It strikes me that this HQ would have more emotional
> than physical repercussions.

Very much so - and I suspect that goes for more HQs than you might think, too. You're emulating your deity, and remember Gloranthans believe this stuff at a depth that most of us don't.

> The Son of Kallyr.
>
> > Crikey Charles - thats a bit of a spoiler!!!
> Thats not necessarily suppoesed to be common
> knowledge is it?
>
> Confirming that, are we? :-)
>
> Eh. I really don't care about spoilers. I'd rather
> have the whole
> metaplot in broad strokes and then GM it from there.
> It's just annoying
> to make decisions based on play and THEN find out
> that you've
> invalidated something that might have been a cool
> idea and is official canon.

I'd thoroughly agree with that. Which is why I've wanted to tell everyone about the "Kallyr's son" plot ever since I first heard about it (I think that was around 1999, possibly earlier). How on earth were you meant to narrate the bit of the Shiprise where he dies, without knowing what the relationship was?

So it's somewhat annoying to find that although AFAIK I'm STILL bound by a NDA not to talk about it, some part of the secret (not necessarily all) have been being chatted about at conventions by Greg. When I find out which bits are still secret, which are not to be talked about until Dragonrise comes out (I'm working on writing that bit at the moment!), and so on, I'll be in on the discussion, but at the moment I'm just confused :(

Jane Williams

How much free photo storage do you get? Store your holiday snaps for FREE with Yahoo! Photos http://uk.photos.yahoo.com