Re: More on Ernalda Sleeps

From: Donald R. Oddy <donald_at_grove.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 19:59:07 GMT

In message <20050627114647.33783.qmail_at_web26106.mail.ukl.yahoo.com> Jane Williams writes:

>I'd thoroughly agree with that. Which is why I've
>wanted to tell everyone about the "Kallyr's son" plot
>ever since I first heard about it (I think that was
>around 1999, possibly earlier). How on earth were you
>meant to narrate the bit of the Shiprise where he
>dies, without knowing what the relationship was?

Yes, it puts an entirely different slant on things.

It's even worse for a narrator who's trying to narrate with Lunar PCs. I know the scenario isn't written for that but a bit more information about what's really going on would be helpful.

And doesn't it make him a male heir to the Kingdom of Sartar? If the Lunars have found that out the fight which gets Kallyr and her party kicked off makes sense - it's to kill Danar. Which means he was probably intended to be King after the Dragonrise and Kallyr gets to fill the vacancy because there's no alternative.

>So it's somewhat annoying to find that although AFAIK
>I'm STILL bound by a NDA not to talk about it, some
>part of the secret (not necessarily all) have been
>being chatted about at conventions by Greg. When I
>find out which bits are still secret, which are not to
>be talked about until Dragonrise comes out (I'm
>working on writing that bit at the moment!), and so
>on, I'll be in on the discussion, but at the moment
>I'm just confused :(

Whichever bits Greg hasn't mentioned at conventions :)

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/