Women's Initiation.

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 22:57:04 -0400

On Mon, 2005-27-06 at 11:00 +0000, Jane Williams wrote:

> And having read it - wow! Nice stuff! And roughly what I think most of us
> were aiming at. But, how on earth do I use that, as a Narrator?? I'd love to
> do so, it's almost a character generation system by itself.

Seems like you would have to break it down like any HQ.

First, she has negotiate with Cold, Darkness, Fear, and Ignorance. (And she has liberty to tackle these problems in various ways, gaining various benefits or penalties.)

In the Green Age, she gets to learn some hidden meanings of mundane things. (Present the player with various mundane things and beings, see who they go for, and wish to learn a secret of. Repeat I know not how many times.

I'm not sure how to deal with "Going to the Cellar", but maybe I make it a consequence/possibility of the negotiations with the forces of oppression that she must overcome to awaken her 5 souls. I would think that Fear might come back as a force of oppression. Greed (which could be your tie to the Underworld thing). Ambition. Lust, perhaps. Men. Violence. Which of these truly holds the solution for her? (This will probably depend on each child. What oppresses you is unique to you in some ways.) Like the first negotiations, there is a great deal of leeway in how to defeat these problems, and the choices you make will have different rewards and consequences.

The not-girl Storm Age part seems simple. Any power/myth/story she's heard of can be visited. She can choose her path, gradually narrowing down her guiding powers. Each event gets a contest, and she learns different things in her successes and failures. (The later part about consequences)

I'm not sure if there are any contests in the Ivarne part. Maybe to understand the secret Ivarne shares?

IT would certainly require a lot of work, but then most HQs do. It would be a *really* interesting way to do character creation, as you say, Jane. In fact, I wonder if it could be done a bit like the clan questionnaire, ticking off choices and leading to some early cult decisions?

That Guy We Shouldn't Name

> Greg's mentioned this publicly at least twice at conventions, so it isn't
> all that secret. Possibly a spoiler though.
>
> Cheers,
> Graham

Definitely a spoiler, for those who are tracking the Sartar Rising story. (Which seemed to be none of us last time anyone asked, IIRC.) But then much of that arc is already "known" if people have read KoS, so who cares about spoilers? (As I mentioned, I am against meta-plots that hide info from the GM anyway.)

LC