Re: Enferalda

From: Jennifer Geard <geard_at_verso.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 22:32:42 +1200

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 19:29, Jane Williams wrote:
> > Enferalda gets the
> > affinity "Endurance" which is described in purely personal
> > terms to do with
> > bearing heavy burdens, going without food, ignoring pain,
> > going without sleep, remaining standing and surviving battle.
>
> Purely personal? Try thinking about a follower applying those abilities to
> her leader. And to the rest of her followers. And, after a few multiple
> target penalties, to the rest of the warband.

It sounds like I've missed something basic in the rules about applying magic to others. All the rest of what you write makes sense if I can get this aspect sorted.

Could you fill me in on how you augment someone else with a feat like "Bear heavy burden" or "Ignore pain"? I'd assumed that when you augmented _you_ were using the feat in a way that might help someone else, not that you could throw the feat to others so _they_ could do it. Some feats are easy to narrate as augments, while others aren't. Think of Bevara's "Heal self fully", for instance.

I'd be quite happy to learn I'm wrong.

Cheers,
  Jennifer

--