Expectations and what is there

From: Greg Stafford <greg_at_glorantha.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 07:24:14 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

> Well, since they try and make Kallyr so distant

Of couse she is, to start.

> you can't tell what's
> going on with her, it would seem that someone following as published
> wouldn't have to really worry.

In fact, is this no stated in the book?
The entire Sartar Rising! series is about your BEGINNING player heroes and their relationship with Kallyr. You start off as beginners, and she simply has no time for you. You work your way up the ladder and hae opportunity to draw closer to her. Eventually, should you wish, you can become close to her after proving your abilities. And finally, you get the opportunity to make life and death decisions concerning her.

I view the entire series as one book (which it will be, some day) and am presenting (too slowly, I know) as such. As scenario writer my job is to entertain the narrator enough to inspire and encourage her to run the scenario. This requires some suspense and holding back information until the right moment.

> Presumably this gets revealed
> later and has some significance, or why hide it? (Even if I don't think
> you should hide it in the first place.)

For everyone who wants to know everything all at once beforehand, I can only say, "Sorry." I'm not doing it to frustrate you, and I beg your patience and support and understanding.

>> So it's somewhat annoying to find that although AFAIK
>> I'm STILL bound by a NDA not to talk about it, some

Anone who ans to know the secrets can do like anyone else: join the GTA.

> <on the spoiler>
>
>> It's even worse for a narrator who's trying to narrate with
>> Lunar PCs. I know the scenario isn't written for that but a
>> bit more information about what's really going on would be
>> helpful.

Again, sorry to not meet your expectations on it. But this is just totally unrealistic. If scenarios were written to try to cover all eventualities they'd never get done, and would have so much useless information that no one would buy them. This isn't a story about the Lunars. If YOUR story is, GREAT! Because YGWV. But to expect the published material to meet the needs of a variant is unrealistic.

Sincerely,
Greg Stafford

Issaries, Inc., publisher of HeroQuest: Roleplaying in Glorantha. 2140 Shattuck Ave., pmb #2030, Berkeley, CA 94704 See our site at <www.HeroQuest-rpg.com>.