RE: Enferalda

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 08:16:20 +0100

> > I think that "SWAT Team" approach is a bit gamist particularly if
> > different cults are involved. Would an Uroxi really cast Berserk
> > on an Elmali? or a Vangarthi make a Humatki fly?

RR:

> Are you suggesting that heroes run by gamers *wouldn't* do something like
> the SWAT team, simply because of their cult backgrounds?

Under certain circumstances, with very different cults, yes, I think it would be good RP for them to refuse. "No, I am NOT putting the power of Death into your sword - you may be my best mate, but you're not responsible enough to be trusted with it."

> Is it gamist? Yes, intentionally. It was specifically written as a tactic
> *for* gamers. Is it "realistic" in Glorantha? Inside a close-knit hero
> group, I think so, yes.

Yes. It isn't normal, it shouldn't be normal. It's making a point about the group to use it. "Look how much those guys trust each other - they lend each other magic!"

End of Glorantha Digest, Vol 11, Issue 225