RE: Expectations and what is there

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 08:12:02 +0100

Donald:
> > It makes sense for a series
> >of novels or TV programmes but novels have a far bigger chunk of
> >story in each and TV programmes appear on a regular and frequent
> >basis.

Tim:
> Also the relationship of Reader::Novel and Viewer::TV Programme is a
> much more passive one than GM::RPG Scenario

Yes, yes, yes!

Also GM::Scenario is even less passive than that of Author::Novel. The characters in a story are rather less likely to grab control and go off and do something you never expected. (I'm not saying they don't do this from time to time. But players are, one hopes, even "worse").

Passivity level:
GM
Player
Story Author
(big gap)
Reader
Viewer
(dead)

I'm not quite sure where I'd put a scenario writer in that list? A scenario is not a story.

End of Glorantha Digest, Vol 11, Issue 226