Re: Expectations and what is there

From: Benedict Adamson <badamson_at_nildram.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 19:26:14 +0100

Jane Williams wrote:
> I *want* the story arc right in there from the beginning, so I can
> foreshadow it, get all the NPCs lined up in the right places, put minor
> relationships and bits of knowledge in there long before they're needed, and
> above all, refrain from accidentally contradicting it.

Perhaps there is a fundamental problem here: the scenarios are part of a story arc. That is, there is a well defined series of events that are to be described/participated in. The ultimate flexibility is to describe people and places, and let the Narrator and players decide how events unfold: a publication describing a setting rather than a story.