Re: Recalling Orlanth from exile? (Jane Williams)

From: Rob Helm <parental_unit_2_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 09:48:28 -0700 (PDT)

> I don't think the theories we came up with ever
> settled down, or made it
> onto the Wiki.
>
> I know we were considering using it as a Vingkot
> myth for Broyan to reenact,
> mainly so as to establish his "identity" as Vingkot,

Thanks to pointing me to this discussion. From a quick read: It sounds like the Whitewall group thought that Barntar was killed while Orlanth was in exile, and Orlanth deposed and crippled Vadrus after he got back. The group also seemed to think that it didn't take any legal process or the like to get him back, there was just a time limit on his exile.

The reason I was interested: My character is one of several in the Seattle Farmers Sartar game that wants to get revenge on the Tarshite royal dynasty for killing her grandfather. The idea would be to define the dynasty as Vadrus -- the member of the Storm Tribe who went bad, exiled Orlanth, and was ultimately destroyed trying to master Chaos rather than defeat it. Returning Orlanth from exile, as a heroquest, seemed like one way that we could strengthen Orlanthi opponents of the dynasty.

Rob

Do You Yahoo!?