Planetary bodies and ambition

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 21:41:39 -0400

On Thu, 2005-28-07 at 01:00 +0000, Jane Williams wrote:

> > So here's an over-the-top suggestion:
>
> Which I like a lot.

Me too.

> > Ambitious enough for you ?
>
> No. How about having the Red Moon as a satellite of *his* new heavenly body?
> Why should sub-husband be good enough for him?

Damn straight. If he is to be a GOD, why not be the HEAD GOD?

> (considering.....)
>
> I wonder? Wrapping bits of landscape up and creating craters is a bit
> imitative, isn't it? Maybe he has the idea of finding some defunct heavenly
> body and recycling it? Hijacking it for his own use? (Remember, he may have
> more than one try at this general concept, by more than one method).
>
> Now, how many agents does he have on the Sky Ship?

That's interesting. But the sky ship just got done. And is there anything in the myth that lends itself to something regal? Probably not.

I'm going to assume he doesn't want to become the sun because... well, because.

So what else do we have to play with? Since he's Tarshite, anything celestial in Tarshite mythology that would work? A constellation perhaps?

LC