RE: Planetary bodies and ambition

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 07:49:38 +0100

> > > Ambitious enough for you ?

Me:
> > No. How about having the Red Moon as a satellite of *his*
> new heavenly body?
> > Why should sub-husband be good enough for him?

LC:
> Damn straight. If he is to be a GOD, why not be the HEAD GOD?

That would involve arguments with Yelm, wouldn't it? (Arguments with Orlanth we can take as read).

Me:
> > Maybe he has the idea of finding some defunct heavenly
> > body and recycling it? Hijacking it for his own use?
> (Remember, he may have
> > more than one try at this general concept, by more than one method).
> >
> > Now, how many agents does he have on the Sky Ship?

LC:
> That's interesting. But the sky ship just got done.

"Done" in what sense? Some people may have played through it, others haven't, and fitting this into back-story for Moraides is still a possibility. I pick the Sky Ship because we know that lots of different groups were on there, each for their own purposes. In fact, we almost have to look at who *wasn't* involved. We know there were Lunars present, remember - Kallyr got distracted into beating them up.

>And is there
> anything in the myth that lends itself to something regal? Probably
> not.

Sorry, don't know the myth well enough to say. But he, too, could have been hitching a lift to some interesting bit of sky.

> I'm going to assume he doesn't want to become the sun because... well,
> because.

Because it's boring?

> So what else do we have to play with? Since he's Tarshite, anything
> celestial in Tarshite mythology that would work? A constellation
> perhaps?

Tarsh experts, please? All I know about is the Earth side of things - thunderbeasts, ploughing people (kings) into the fields....