double agents

From: Robert Davis <lamorak33_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 11:47:23 +0100 (BST)

Hi

I think Jane, Jeff and Joaerg all make very good points regarding Minaryth and politics of the pass in general. As always I learnt stuff that I hadn't thought to ask!

I like the Minaryth plot though. I have a player who has declared that his family were sent to their death by Minaryth. Thus he is trying to kill Minaryth for revenge, has already tried and failed is on the run. This is what 'Forgites' would describe as the PC's kicker, the thing that sets them in motion.

My initial thought is that a major player like MP is going to be under suspicion and pressure to play for the Lunars. Thus he is a double agent, as he is really working for the Rebellion. I just wanted some input as to how likely this would be. Question answered in the affirmative, thanks guys!

I have been thinking that his (MP) motivation for sending the PC's characters family to their deaths was that to not do so would have revealed him as a rebel. (Any suggestions as to the detail here?) I think it is important that the NPC's have struggles of their own. It does set up a nice moment when MP and the PC come face to face!!! Who knows how it will pan out?

If anyone has any ideas for this plot, chip in!

Regards

Rob