Re: double agents

From: Paul Andrew King <paul_at_morat.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 22:38:09 +0100

>I have been thinking that his (MP) motivation for sending the PC's
>characters family to their deaths was that to not do so would have
>revealed him as a rebel. (Any suggestions as to the detail here?) I
>think it is important that the NPC's have struggles of their own.
>It does set up a nice moment when MP and the PC come face to
>face!!! Who knows how it will pan out?

Unless Minaryth is being used by a Lunar faction to hurt other Lunars, I think that it would have to be in the early stages, before he gets too important to the rebellion.

On the other hand, it might be better if Minaryth ISN'T a traitor. A ruthless leader might sacrifice some of his followers for any number of reasons. What if he leaked select information to identify a traitor in the rebellion ? Or ordered a suicidal attack as cover for some other operation ? Or (nicking an idea from Babylon 5) deliberately sent some of his followers to their deaths so that the (false) information they had been given could fall into Lunar hands in way that makes it look genuine. Or simply withheld information to protect his informants in the Lunar camp ?

Which is more important to you - kin or kingdom ? It's the central problem of a Heortling state in concentrated form.

--
--
Guide to Taoism_

Paul K.