(no subject)

From: Paul
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 22:38:09 +0100

Rob:
>I have been thinking that his (MP) motivation for sending the PC's
>characters family to their deaths was that to not do so would have
>revealed him as a rebel. (Any suggestions as to the detail here?)[snip]

Paul:
On the other hand, it might be better if Minaryth ISN'T a traitor. A ruthless leader might sacrifice some of his followers for any number of reasons. What if he leaked select information to identify a traitor in the rebellion ? Or ordered a suicidal attack as cover for some other operation ? Or (nicking an idea from Babylon 5) deliberately sent some of his followers to their deaths so that the (false) information they had been given could fall into Lunar hands in way that makes it look genuine. Or simply withheld information to protect his informants in the Lunar camp ?

Rob:

Babylon 5 and Paul thank you! Yes thats it! He desperately needed to have some information fall into the hands of the Lunars in a way that makes it look genuine, cool!

Paul:
Which is more important to you - kin or kingdom ? It's the central problem of a Heortling state in concentrated form.

Rob:

Yes, and when it all comes down thats the the basic premise of my campaign, and for the player as the protaganist to choose as he sees fit. Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 08:26:35 +0100