Re: Left & Right handedness

From: eid_at_maddye.demon.co.uk
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 12:25:05 +0100

That was fairly common in UK schools until the 60's; left-handed children were taught to be right-handed. This happened to my mother in the 30's at her convent; but both myself and my sister are left-handed.

In Glorantha, I would see the Dara Happans beating left-handedness out of their children because an off-handed person in a phalanx is going to disrupt everything. I would think that the same would happen elsewhere there are highly-organised military formations in common use. However, I would think that the Lunars would tolerate left-handedness and probably have centuries composed to either left- or right-handers.

Where there are no formal fighting formations, I would think that left-handedness is tolerated - the Orlanthi spring to mind, although a left-handed person would probably be put on the end of a shield wall, not the middle...

TTFN Maddy