Left- and righthandedness

From: AndrewBarton <AndrewBarton_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 21:37:36 -0400

Petersen, Soren:

> The question about dragonewts remind me of something I've been wondering
about. If all 'newts are left-handed - and being left-handed is a sign of draconic influences - then are all 'normal' humans in Glorantha right-handed?<

The RQ2 rules stated that all adventurers were right-handed.

IMG, anyone who was trained to fight in formation was trained to fight right-handed regardless of which hand they might use for other things. IMO this was true historically, and it is still true today for British police being trained to use baton and shield in formation for riot control.

Some cultures have a very strong taboo against eating with your left hand from communal dishes, originally a hygiene requirement because it's reserved for other tasks. AFAIK this taboo also applies to everyone regardless of natural handedness.

Andrew