Yinkin, Schroedinger's Alynx

From: Rob Helm <parental_unit_2_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 12:28:15 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks to all who responded to my query about what Yinkin did in the Great Darkness. I think I've decided that he did actually die sometime after he aided Orlanthi in the Darkness, and he was nailed to the wall in the Underworld. He snuck back ahead of the Lightbringers somehow and pretended to greet them on their return as if nothing had happened. I'm not sure why he did this -- maybe just to save face, or to tweak Elmal (who seems to be a bit of a stuffed shirt).

I know that Gloranthan mythologies don't have to be consistent, taken as a whole. I just wanted my Yinkini character to have a consistent personal story about what she believed that Yinkin did in the Great Darkness. I preferred that her story be consistent with orthodox Orlanthi mythology (which has Yinkin dead when Orlanth reaches the court of the Emperor in the Underworld), because Yinkin mythologically is very loyal to Orlanth, and is Orlanth's half-brother.

Rob

Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

End of Glorantha Digest, Vol 11, Issue 272