Re: Good book on trade caravans?

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 13:22:02 +0200 (CEST)

Kevin McD:

> Hey folks! I am preparing for the next adventure in my Heroquest game
> which will follow the heroes as they participate in the last Lunar
> caravan to Kralorela. Does anyone know of a good book regarding large
> scale trade caravans? I see a few books out there on the Silk Routes but
> they seem focused on the places rather than the caravans themselves.

Here's a web resource which ought to help:

http://www.silk-road.com/toc/index.html
(go on to travels - ancient travellers in the menu)

(found it when googling for the original travelogue of Marco Polo)

Has a complete-looking list of ancient travellers who left written records, and an extensive bibliography. Well worth a look.