The Return of the One True System

From: Simon Phipp <soltakss_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 09:32:11 +0100 (BST)

Hiya All

It is refreshing to see a welcome return of RQ discussions on the Gloranthan Digest - something I wholeheartedly approve of.

Malk Williams:
> > Only in RQ2. Not in RQ3.
>
> Fair point. The people who introduced me to RQ considered RQ3 to be
> heretical and blasphemous. I wouldn't necessarily say that I inherited
> their prejudices, but I never went out of my way to find out about RQ3.
> In fairness, I *personally* know very few RQ adherents even now, who
> don't consider RQ2 to be the default, or even "proper" system.

RQ2 had a better flavour, RQ3 had a better system except for the bits that RQ2 did better. I prefer RQ3 or, rather, RQ3/2/4/home-brew.

See Ya

Simon (Hopefully this will get in before we are banned from RQ discussions)