"Yelmalian" - A Gloranthan Song

From: rim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2005 19:16:47 +0100

Again, Inspired by the forthcoming chance to Singalonga Nick at next years Continuum, I'm back to corrupting Elton John Songs - Originally "Rocket Man" for those less familar with his works....

I picked my spear last night pre-fight
Zero hour nine a.m.
And I’m gonna be high as a vrok by then
I miss the earth priestess who was my wife It’s lonely out in Prax
In such a timeless fight

And I think it’s gonna be a long long time Till sun down brings me round again to find I’m not the man they think I am at home
Oh no no no I’m Yelmalian
Yelmalian Shining out his Light up here alone

Prax ain’t the kind of place to raise your kids In fact it’s dry as hell
And there’s no one there to raise them if you did And all these spirits I don’t understand It’s just my job five days a week
A Yelmalian, a Yelmalian

And I think it’s gonna be a long long time...

End of Glorantha Digest, Vol 11, Issue 301