Carmanian attitudes towards Illumination.

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_quicksilver.net.nz>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 23:34:15 +1300

Greppio:

>I have a Carmanan character, who for various reasons is likely to become
>Illuminated. I was just canvassing for opinions as to what the Traditional
>Carmanian (and his family is very traditional i.e. non-lunarised) view would
>be to Illumnation

Illuminates are Servants of the Lie and must be exterminated as brutally as possible. The Hierophants have said differently since the days of Aronius Jaranthir but even they take care to distinguish the Teachings of the Goddess, which are True, from the Lie. Some Lunars claim they are Illuminated but their wits are more likely to be addled rather than their claims to be true.

So it depends upon the source of your illumination. If it came from a Lunar Goddess, then your Carmanian is likely to be regarded as a black sheep of the family. If it came from non-Lunar sources then you are regarded as worthy of death.

--Peter Metcalfe