Re: Illuminated Carmanians

From: Paul Andrew King <paul_at_morat.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 23:24:07 +0100

>I have a Carmanan character, who for various reasons is likely to
>become Illuminated. I was just canvassing for opinions as to what
>the Traditional Carmanian (and his family is very traditional i.e.
>non-lunarised) view would be to Illumnation

My perceptions are slightly different from those put forward by others. Illumination is an important part of the Lunar Religion. Carmania as a whole accepts the Lunar Religion as valid and acceptable. Howeverm traditionalists almost certainly feel that their own Faith is superior and will undoubtedly be displeased if their children were to follow the Lunar Way instead.

In that context Illumination, if achieved through the official pathways of the Lunar religion, should largely be seen as a further commitment to the Lunar Way. It will cause friction, but it shouldn't be much worse than, say, Devoting to a Lunar God.

Non-Lunar forms of Illumination may or may not be acceptable. Although any of them is likely to be considered more suspect than Lunar illumination.

For more info on Illumination within the Lunar Way you need to see ILH-2, which I hope will be appearing soon.

--
--
Guide to Taoism_

Paul K.