Re: Dragontooth Runners

From: Donald R. Oddy <donald_at_grove.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 15:18:25 GMT

In message <op.syq9s6n6kj1eq0_at_82-38-202-179.cable.ubr05.shef.blueyonder.co.uk> "Richard Crawley" writes:

>I've volunteered myself to build the Dragontooth Runners for the
>Glorygeeks' next foray into Gloranthan Hordes of the Things.
>
>A quick Google reveals very little info on these guys (the Runners, not
>the Glorygeeks) so I was wondering if any of you had any strong views on
>their appearance, mode of fighting, equipment etc. Anybody care to
>suggest any suitable figures (in 25/28mm)?
>
>I have Dragon Pass and King of Sartar. Are they mentioned in any other
>sources?

>From WBRM:

"The Dragontooth Runners were a gift to Argrath from an Ancestral Dragon, and were normally kept in a pouch at the Prince's side. Whenever desired the units appear next to the prince and after they are slain they reappear if Sartar is allied to a living Dragon. They do not count in stacking and may reflect a bad magical attack uopn the sender."

Interpreting that and the counter stats it would appear they are lightly equiped infantry with a strong resistance to magic. I'd go for a human figure with a strong draconic appearence but you could go for a dragonnewt or even the bizarre product of a dragon's dream.

>From a game point of view they should have fun abilities like
moving through friendly units, reappearing when killed and if the possibility of reflecting magical attacks back onto their attackers.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/