More Pentans

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_quicksilver.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 00:01:20 +1300

Gianfranco

>Are there other people and intelligent races dwelling in Pent, apart
>from the horse nomads and various Selerian remnants and demons
>from the hellcrack?

Morocanth raiders around the snow line.

Spectres of the Black Sun from the East. There's probably a community of them somewhere in Pent. They have the appearance of being a chimera of dogs, trollkin, horses, humans and some chaotic species. Probably need living creatures to chop up and make into stew so they can regenerate themselves.

The Monster Men found in the South East. They have "yellow skins, dead black eyes and speak with a lilted sing-songing, unpronouncable by human tongue. They have a strange magic to eat your soul" (Tales #14 p28 but I've only seen their lands shown on a map at Daniel Fahey's place).

The Hsunchen of the Hso Shan. Probably different in some strange way from other Hsunchen.

Giants from the Rockwoods.

Ice Demons from North Pent. There's probably a inhuman culture north of there that sends the Nur-san (Anaxial's Roster p90) southwards to torment the Pentans.

Strange reptilian folk dwelling in the hills of Pent. May be draconic or may be completely degenerate.

--Peter Metcalfe