Diamond

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_quicksilver.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 23:48:25 +1300

John Machin:

>I'm not an expert on Glorantha in any way, shape, or form, so I
>realise this might have been explained in some source that I haven't
>even heard of, much less seen, but I was wondering if diamond had any
>of the impact that iron seems to have had on Gloranthan societies?

The old cult of Caladra and Aurelion did have a Diamond Edge runespell from Mostal (This was RQ2) which acted as a Bladesharp 8. The Cult Compendium (p230) seems to have updated this slightly by saying this can only be cast on stone axes and other weapons.

There is also the trivia fact that Adamant is the greek word for Diamond so the two substances might be related at some level.

--Peter Metcalfe

End of Glorantha Digest, Vol 11, Issue 321