Re: Glorantha Digest, Vol 11, Issue 321

From: Mikko Rintasaari <rintasaa_at_mail.student.oulu.fi>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 17:05:23 +0200 (EET)

> I'm not an expert on Glorantha in any way, shape, or form, so I
> realise this might have been explained in some source that I haven't
> even heard of, much less seen, but I was wondering if diamond had any
> of the impact that iron seems to have had on Gloranthan societies?
>
> Does diamond have any useful properties that are usable by non-Mostali
> craftsmen or magicians?

The way I read RQ-2, and other sources I'd say Diamond (as well as tin) is assosiated with the element of air/storm.

For instance, in Plunder (a supplement with magic treasure), we have the lightning bands, which are tin armbands decorated with diamonds.

It fits nicely.

> John Machin:
> I was wondering, assuming that Hepherones' Elemental Philosophy is
> correct and there is a sixth element, where would this fit in the
> Elemental Progression? Would it instead be a kind of neutral "axis
> 'pon which the others turn" sort of thing or would it take a place in
> the cycle, conquering one element while being conquered by another? Or
> wouldn't it fit in at all (thus showing that the Philosophy is
> flawed)?

I'd say the sixth element is the moon, and it fits inside the other five. Neutral in dominanse to all the others.

        -Adept