The Sixth Element and the Pharaoh

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 15:04:58 -0800

>>I was wondering, assuming that Hepherones' Elemental Philosophy is
>>correct and there is a sixth element, where would this fit in the
>>Elemental Progression?
>Rory has said it was the Pharoah which would mean that the sixth
>element shouldn't be conquered or conquering (since the Pharaoh
>didn't have any favoritism to the elements of his realm).

I think that Peter's right - the Sixth Element unites the other elements. As I said in a previous Digest, Greg and I discussed the Pharaoh a couple months ago. The Pharaoh is not a "being from the future" - but an extraordinary being that has messed with the cosmic laws of Glorantha. In many ways, Belintar is a parallel to the Red Goddess (and a potential rival to Her). There are huge difference as well, but both of them appear to have been trying to mix the magics together and unify the realms. The Pharaoh just seems to do that with his person. The Goddess does that with her new Lunar realm.

Along these lines, the Pharaoh posits himself as the unknown Sixth Element in Hepherones Philosophy (yeah, it looks really obvious that it is supposed to be the Moon, but that's because we are more familiar with the Lunar claims than the Pharaoh's). This really spooks some powerful Lunars who view the Pharaoh as a usurping rival to the Red Goddess.