Sekever, or what Teshnos and Kralorela have in common.

From: Santo Sengupta <santo_at_santo.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2005 18:59:24 -0500

Namaste all.

:Last month I started up a newl HeroQuest campaign set in Teshnos. The four players I have are all Glorantha newbies, but experienced roleplayers and LARPers - so far they've adapted to the system and setting pretty well.

I have been focusing on a small province of Teshnos that in my Glorantha I'm calling "Neelampuram" - which means "The Blue City" in Sanskrit. For those of you who possess a Teshnos map, I located Neelampuram in the eastern most bit of Teshnos, south of the Wokistan, northeast of Dombain. It's a little pennisula near the Sofali Isles, west of Fanzai.

The players have expressed some interest in exploring more of the world of Glorantha than just Teshnos, so one of the underlying plot threads is restoring the old port city of Neelampur back to its former 2nd Age glory. As narrator, I have decided to introduce some East Isles mythology and history by stating the city of Neelampur was once a vassal city of the Golden Empire of Mokato, which made it fabulously wealthy and exotic, until the tragic Closing.

I would like to use Sekever, the Anti-Dragon Emperor, as one of the major enemy mythologies in my campaign. I've gathered some stuff from GIttHW and Revealed Mythologies, but I have a few questions about what kinds of powers He would grant to his followers.

I know Sekeveran organize themselves in occult criminal organizations called hexads or tongs. Sekeveran mandarins become the Huan-To, which are one of my favorite Gloranthan baddies. Nagas, ghouls, serpent cults, addictive venom - what's not to love! I will probably use that as the Secret of Sekever - Huan To transformation.

I also know that Sekever learned Martial Arts from Herespur, so that's probably another path Sekeveran cultists can follow. I feel comfortable narrating these villians fast and loose, but I would welcome feedback from the digest. I am tempted to dig out my old L5R books and use Scorpion/Ninja/Shadowlands schools techniques, or perhaps borrow a few Wuxia flicks from my neighbors.

-Santo
"Aum Shanti Shanti Shantih."

End of Glorantha Digest, Vol 11, Issue 325