The Skull of Atyar

From: Michael & Susan O'Brien <mrmob_at_emirates.net.ae>
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 23:28:42 +0400

Peter:
>I think the skull is massive and is the sort of thing you heroquest
>in.

Indeed, there is a long-lost heroquesting scenario called "Against the Skull of Atyar" which Trevor Ackerly and I wrote as the last of session of RuneQuest 2 tournament where, I am now ashamed to say, we had all the PCs as chaos fiends undergoing the Thanatar initiation ritual and going around trying to snick off people's heads. At least they are all eventually victims of the internecine factional warfare inside the cult. However, in the final part, the one surviving character sees the light and has a chance to redeem herself by going up against the skull.

The first three parts were actually published in the official Finnish version of "Cults of Terror", but I have absolutely no idea what happened to my copy of the unpublished Skull bit, either electronic or on paper... I may have donated or flogged it off a con auction long ago. I actually think it was the best part of the four sections (and certainly the least depraved).

Cheers,

MOB Michael, Susan, Harry & Leo O'Brien
[Apt.1001, Choithram's Building Tower A, Khalidya, Abu Dhabi] Postal Address: PO Box 32092, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates home: +971-2-665-9126 mobile: (MOB) +971-50-310-0361 (Sue) +971-50-329-5914 mrmob_at_emirates.net.ae