Re: Glorantha Digest, Vol 11, Issue 332

From: Mikko Rintasaari <rintasaa_at_mail.student.oulu.fi>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 15:18:11 +0200 (EET)

> >I have "In Darklight´s Shadow" (the one that appeared in the Finnish "Cults
> >of Terror") 58 bad printer pages.
> >This one is the Thanatar initiation quest.
> >
> >I got both from two different auctions. :-)
>
> Andre, AFAIK, you have the only extant copies, hard or soft, of these two
> early works by Trevor Ackerly and myself (unless you can read Finnish)

The plot of "In Darklight's Shadow" is pretty neat, in a Hammer-horror kind of way. I must say though, that the use of the RQ system in it is truly appalling.

We have characters like an old Sword of Humakt who has exactly one piece of magic, a "Sever Spirit spell, and a swordskill of 25%. We also have duelists with weaponskills around 30%.

All in all a totally random treatment of the gamesystem, and I dread what influenses young RQ gamemasters picked up from it.

Then again that was the biggest problem with many RQ products anyway. I suppose this was in part because of the culture of dice-generated PC:s.

        -Adept

End of Glorantha Digest, Vol 11, Issue 333