RE: (RQ3) - ¿Se puede parar con una lanza 1M?

Write haof XML files: Rutius <rutius_at_...>
Fecha: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 20:01:11 +0000

Al hilo del post de Giannieanna me he ido al link y he encontrado esto, que cre que zanja la cuestión...

Actually from the point of view of someone who has been fighting with Medieval Weapons since 1958 - Yes I can imagine it & have done it. I can tell you that the specific gift was added based on me & what I demonstrated during the writing of the game. Steve Perrin had watched a battle I had where I had lost my left arm during an SCA melee back in the mid-70's and proceeded to hold off 7 guys with just a short one-handed spear and still managed to take down 3 of them before my companions came up & finished the rest. Admittedly this was a very unusual case.

So it is as you can see a very valid skill. All that being said if you so desire then you could rationally limit it to "90% to attack and parry when armed with 1H spear & Hoplon (cult) shield". It depends on your vision of the scenario. It would be far more common for the attack to be with the spear & the parry with the shield & thus the player would lose the ability if not armed specifically with the cult shield & spear. How do you envision it?

Skol,
Sven

--
http://ecosenelvacio.wordpress.com