(wrong string) �zako ?

Auteur: Philippe Sigaud <sigaud_at_...>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 21:08:13 +0100

Gr�gory Molle wrote:

> Salut tout le monde !
>
> Voici un passage de "Glorantha" (chapitre sur l'Empire lunaire) :
>
> "L'Empereur Rouge repr�sente l'autorit� supr�me de l'empire. Il n'a que
> quelques �gaux, et aucun sup�rieur. En tant que fils de la lune, il incarne
> le pouvoir imp�rial pour la D�esse Rouge et ne r�pond de ses choix que
> devant les myst�rieux Egi."
>
> Quelqu'un en sait-il davantage sur les Egi en question ?

je peux te fournir le passage suivant, en anglais : (attention, c'est long)

In 0/27 (1247 ST) the Red Goddess danced the Dance of Memory and Promise and ascended to the Sky
alongside her Moon. She left her son in her place, the Red Emperor. The Battle of Castle Blue was a climatic
meeting upon the HeroPlane, in which various people brought to life their own thoughts, dreams and desires. In
the midst of this battle various beings, who remain nameless to all except the most prized members of the
Lunar cults, created a single conglomerate being. This being was not a hive entity, not a gesalt spirit, but an
individual created from the desires and needs of the beings that would eventually become known as the Egi,
who are the Council that make up the Emperor's magical and mystical consiousness. Singulary they are known
as the Egus, and while most reside permanently on the Red Moon, others have palaces in the Lunar Empire
and can be visited via mortal means. The Cult of the Red Emperor has HeroQuests to meet the Egi and talk
with them.

He was created with a Creation Myth of unknown origin (many speak or Kralori myths) by the Egi, and ever
afterwards was one of the most importantn individuals ever. He always stood at the side of the Goddess, and
when she stepped aside, after reforming the Cosmos, she left the Red Empeor to stand in her place. He strode
the combat ground of Castle Blue, fending foes off, destroying ancient deities as if they were merely children in
the world of combat, and went from a Creation to a HeroQuester to a Godling. When the Goddess departed
the Mundane World to take her place in the Mythical World, her replacement was the Red Emperor. He was
known as Takenegi, which means "Ruler of the Egi", although this is not his name.

The Red Emperor was installed as the Head of virtually all Lunar relgions, the polipotenary of the Goddess
herself, and the embodiment of the Lunar Way. The Dara Happan Emperor, Yelmgatha, was a personal friend
of both the Red Emperor and the Red Goddess. As time progressed, Yelmgatha asked the Red Emperor to
take the Ten Tests so that he could become the Ruler of the Dara Happan Empire as well as the Lunar Way.
The Red Emperor refused, knowing that he had no relation to the Emperor, until it was relvealed that his mother
was in fact the grand-daughter of the Red Goddess!! He afterwards suceeded in the Ten Tests and Yelmgatha
ruled alongside him as joint rulers of the Empire. When Yelmgatha died, the Red Emperor ruled personally.

His acts included, the naming of the Four Quarters of the Empire, the birth of Yara Aranis, the ownership of the
Empire, his steed is the Crimson Bat itself and many, many more. Other godlings are the responsibility of this
promiscuous demigod, he has many concubines and has had many wives (and one or two husbands) and thusly
has various legitimate and illegitimate children living throughout the Empire, often in Teelo Norri orphanages.

When the Red Emperor died, he returned (much to everyones suprise), and always has done so, thus proving
his divinity. However, in 3/20 Sheng Seleris caused much carnage in the Empire, before travelling to the Moon,
and killing many of the Egi. Ever since, the Egi have been subject to mortality as the original immortals are
dead. The new Egi are selected from the Examiners of the Red Goddess' cult. He has changed both physical
and spiritual form ever since that day. He later returned and slew Sheng Seleris, trapping him in Lunar Hell
which resides outside the known Cosmos.

Many people speak that the Red Emperor is failing in his tasks as the Red Goddess' apostle, and that was why
the Great Sister was sent to the Earth to speak for her. This is, of course, merely heretical rumour.

Members of the Red Emperor's cult are buried with full military and magical honours, paid for fully by the cult, in
normaly Lunar custom. They are awarded the greatest positions of power on the Red Moon when they die.

His Runes are Lunar, Mastery and Magic.

ca fait partie d'un fichier sur le culte de l'Empereur Rouge (diff�rent du culte de Moonson Imperator)
Ne me demande pas l'adresse ou je l'ai trouve, je ne sais plus :-( Peut etre en faisant une recherche par un bon moteur...

  A+

    Philippe

Cette archive a été créée par hypermail