Gloranthacon VIII

Auteur: Mark Galeotti <mark_at_...>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 21:04:07 -0000

Gloranthacon VIII
March 7-9, 2003 in Toronto, Canada

"Orlanth is Dead. Its time to party!"

The sons and daughters of the Goddess gather for ceremony and celebration. The convention features an array of Gloranthan freeforms, adventure modules and seminars, together with select games from other roleplaying systems such as RuneQuest and Pendragon Pass. Plus, the official launch party for Issaries Inc's HeroQuest roleplaying game!

Our Guests of Honour include the _Rad_ Emperor himself, Greg Stafford, and the rumoured head of the Imperial Secret Service, the indefatigable Mark Galeotti.

Supporting luminaries include Nick Brooke, David Dunham, Martin Laurie, Robin Laws, Stephen Martin, Sandy Petersen, Roderick Robertson and Ken Rolston.

Even barbarians are welcome under the healing rays of the Red Moon. Soon, all Glorantha will be under Her benevolent gaze.

Highlights:

Some of our featured events include the HeroQuest Launch party, Gaming With Greg, Gloranthan Lore Auction, Eat At Geo's, Gloranthan Computing, the GTA dinner, Lawn Dart Wars, the Imperial Lunar Handbook seminars and all things Gloranthan.

Featured Live-Action/Freeform Game: Birth of the Goddess

Can you become one of the Seven Mothers? Or will the Goddess just become fuel for cruel Carmanian sorceries? Written by Mark Galeotti, we discover what really happened in Zero Wane.

Recent News:

Our schedule is up on the website: Check out http://www.gloranthacon.com/events.html for details - we have over 60 events planned with more arriving every day.

Moon Rites: Jelenkev Variorum, volume I

Moon Rites is a 60 page collection of Lunar material featuring articles, fiction, scenarios and artwork from some of Glorantha's most talented explorers and shapers. It includes excerpts from Greg Stafford's Lunar novel, Gladiators by Martin Laurie, Crime & Punishment by Mark Galeotti, the Crimson Bat, decadent cults, myths, encounters and more!

Moon Rites will be printed in conjunction with the Chaos Society, proud publishers of Tradetalk and other fine Gloranthan works.

For a limited time, Moon Rites can be pre-ordered through our website, www.gloranthacon.com while supplies last. Cost is $13 US ($21 CDN) - if you order before Dec 21, 2002, we will cover the cost of postage in North America. Check out www.Tradetalk.de as well.

Contest: Win a game with Greg!

Greg Stafford has kindly offered to run a game of HeroQuest for six lucky players. Two seats will be awarded to randomly chosen pre-registrants. Other spots will be awarded as prizes during various events during the convention as well - check out our schedule for details.

Call for Events:

If you have an event you want to run, contact Gloranthacon_at_.... Your event can be for Hero Wars, RuneQuest, boardgames, miniatures, a Live Action or Freeform game or a seminar topic. We don't mind as long as its about Glorantha!

Running an event earns a $20 discount when pre-registering. Running a second event admits you to the convention free.

Other Activities:

For those who are not wanting to spend their whole time in Toronto dealing with All Things Glorantha, we have organized a walking tour of downtown Toronto, designed to hit some of the museums, galleries and parks. For some highlights, checkout www.toronto.com for some hot tips.

When is it?

March 7th to 9th, 2003

Where is it?

Gloranthacon is being held at the Toronto Colony Hotel, 89 Chestnut St., Toronto, Ontario. Call Toll Free 1-800-387-8687 (or 416-977- 0707) or link to <http://www.colonyhoteltoronto.com> and reserve your room. Make sure you mention you are a part of GloranthaCon to get the convention rate.

Single or Double $109 CDN (about $70 US) Triple $124 ($80 US)
Quad $139 ($90 US)

Con rates extend from Sunday, March 2nd to Sunday, March 9th. Remember to book your room before February 14th so we can make our room commitment!

Pre-registration:

Pre registration for the weekend is $50 (US) until Feb 1, 2003. All pre-payments must be received by Feb 3, 2002

GTA dinner is an additional $30 (US) and seating is limited

Sign up online at www.gloranthacon.com or mail us at:

Gloranthacon VIII
374 Glenholme Ave.
Toronto, Ontario
M6E 3E5 Canada

Make all checks and money orders payable to Gloranthacon. Paypal is also
accepted. Send funds to Glorantha_at_Glorantha.com

Advertising:

Interested in getting the word out at the Con? We have space for ¼, ½ and full page ads in the program book or "Moon Rites." Contact us IMMEDIATELY for details or check out our website.

Other Ways to Contact Us:

Discussion of the convention and ideas as well as help and advice for events can be found at gloranthacon_at_yahoogroups.com
<mailto:gloranthacon_at_yahoogroups.com>

Email us at gloranthacon_at_...
<mailto:gloranthacon_at_...>

Hope to see you there!

The GloranthaCon Ring