Sting

From: Gian Gero <giangero_at_...>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 07:58:23 GMT

As Sting said "I don't subscribe to this point of view":

>From: "W. Quadros" <wquadros_at_...>
> We usually use simple contests rather than extended for these rolls.
>Argrath rolls his tactics skill against the opponent's tactics to see
>how our formations do.

I should discuss this matter with Martin, I suppose but, in the maintime, read my unofficial opinion:
A commander does not match his tactic/strategic skill mainly vs his opponent, but IMO vs his own army. He is trying to force his men to conform to his orders, in short time and with the right subtasks in the minds of the various lieutenants.
The confrontation with the opponent commander is not direct, but seriously mediated by the way by which the army reacts to orders. The way by which the army reacts to orders _does_ influence its capability to confront the opposing army, with edges or penalities, but, I state, the confrontation between the commanders should not be a direct one. I hope my ideas are exposed in clear sentences. Let me know your (especially Wesley's) opinion.

Ciao
Gianfranco