Battles & tactics

From: Timothy Byrd <timbyrd_at_...>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 09:41:48 -0800

I'd think that a battle bigger than a small skirmish would be chaotic (small 'c') enough that the commanders wouldn't know what was really going on. The only military history I'm at all read up on is the American Civil War, but it's amazing how much of what happened then seems like a comedy of errors. And that's not just in the heat of battle, but also in the mustering and deployment stages. Even with magic, I can't imagine that armies in HW will have superior military intelligence / communications to the real world.

Given that, how would you simulate the craziness of battle in HW?