Re: More questions

From: W. Quadros <wquadros_at_...>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 17:19:25 -0800

frank rafaelsen <rafae-_at_...> wrote:
> I'm more a TSR SAGA kind of guy, where a monster can be summed up in
one
> sentence (For instance; Elf:C7,P4,R6,I6,DMG+7,DEF-3). How will monster
> statistics look in HW? Are there countless abilities (close combat,
> archery, charge foe etc, etc) or just a simple, lose description (Like
> Green Elf Wood Lord 10W)? I would like to see statistics leaning more
> the second kind than the first.

You can have as little or as much detail as you want. We faced some golems last night in Gwandor Saga - 34 that had one skill Big and Mean 13ww. Other npcs may have more skills.

> Oh yeah, one more question. While reading through the Game System
synopsis
> there was only one thing I didn't like: rolling for passive resistance
> (like you have to do when a character tries to get an Edge). How does
this
> work in actual play? Is it as cumbersome as it looks?

Quick and fast. We tell the GM we want an edge, he rolls his die, we roll ours, he says yea or nay are you are onto the actual roll.

Wesley Quadros
www.bvcompuworks.com/wesley