Introductory scenarios

From: Theo Posselt <tposselt_at_...>
Date: 22 Feb 2000 11:08:40 -0600

     A bit more detail:

     Me:

>> This sort of thing is a good introduction; however,
>> I definitely think that the Issaries publishing schedule
>> should include a good, introductory adventure, that would
>> allow the players to really kick things off after having
>> just bought Deluxe Herowars.
Michael:
> But that is *vital*!
Well, yes. To be fair to the folks at Issaries, my understanding was that the basic box would contain a basic introductory sequence. It'll have 4 simple scenarios, all tied together; and it'll have writeups for 4 different groups that the players can play members from (Ibex moon, thunder rebels, something called servants of cleansing, and one other which I forget). This is all somewhat word-of-mouth, by the way; I got this second hand from Steve Martin, I believe the name was. My concern is that there needs to be another, larger scenario just after that, to feed whatever hunger develops out of those first 4 scenarios. Jeffrey Kyer:
> I spend a lot of time demoing games for several companies
> (AEG, FRPG, SJG and WhiteWolf). From personal experience, I can
> say that an essential component for demos and teaching, especially
> at Cons is the very sort of scenario talked about.

I had this sort of very basic scenario for the con - it was one of the 4 scenarios mentioned above. Again, I'm more concerned about the next step for newbies who buy the product out in the field. Regards, Theo