Re: Character Generation - long

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 14:31:43 -0500

Steve Lieb wrote:

> As Jeff so succinctly (:)) put it, he's right, this is too tough of a
> "basic character" and that was a flaw in the concept, I admit.
>
> He's the result of long-term play, his "pre-game" background ending
> when he left the Bear Hsunchen. The "laundry list" of skills was just
> that - I listed the skills I thought I could derive from the
> description, but had no idea how to resolve what the NUMBERS were.
>
> Wesley - that was fantastic. I'm inputting it right now to the web
> page...
> Thank you!

(embarassment) Wesley's done a good job on chopping up the logic. I will try to do a write up on the the Magic but your Humakti don't LIKE magic so...

Relationships:
Worship Storm 13
Worship Humakt 17

Magic:
Humakt
Death 17 (Shout of Fear, Kill Undead, Bless Corpse, Lay Ghost, Deathsong Berserk)
Combat 17 (Truesword Stroke, Shield Destroyer, Weapon Destroyer) Honour 17 (Empower Oath, Know Truth, Rallly Warriors, Shame Coward)

In essence, these magical affinities would be more useful as a 'resistance' than actuall magic as I'd force him to overcome his reluctance to do magic each time. Not a bad flaw. Builds character.

Other Skills from Humakt (depends on core skill) Greatsword Combat (goes under Combat)
Dagger Combat (ditto)
Craft Weapon 17

I don't seem to recall him being even a closet Orlanthi so I've not added those skills/affinities in.

Jeff