Affinities and feats

From: wimp_at_...
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 11:05:21 z (GMT)

> Initiates ... get access to his affinities but not the feats. IE:
> improvisational penalties on all magic.

> Devotees ... get access to all affinities, feats

Is it just me, or does this seem backwards? (I know it's what's in the rules, but even so...)

I would have thought that initiates, not being heavily steeped in their god, would only be able to walk the heroquest paths that they had specifically learnt, ie. they get feats only.

When someone devotes himselft to a god, the deeper understanding that comes with it should allow someone to apply their god's methods to a wider variety of situations, ie. they get access to the affinities as well as the feats.

What do other people think?

Neil.