What's up wid dem feats

From: Rick Meints <RMEINTS_at_...>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 08:00:56 +0000

Timothy Byrd wrote:

> Actually it answered none of my questions. Perhaps you could be a wee
> bit more specific about where to look, please? I didn't notice a
> Search link. I didn't see anything in the "Research Library". Nor on
> the Q&A page. The product pages for HW didn't seem to have any meat
> other than a section from the introduction that told me nothing I
> hadn't know from my WB&RM days. So where is this page that will
> answer my questions about feats?

Tim, I have a feeling that you are very keen to know everything about the rules and how hey work. The problem is that the Issaries website's summary won't go into nearly enough detail unless they publish all of the rules and we all know that ain't gonna happen. Since the game isn't out yet, there is no rule book to refer you to either. I have a feeling that, in general, a wide variety of questions

posed in this group may not get answered very quickly or efficiently as a result. With your question on Feats, however, I have some info.

Feats are used to augment abilities. They have their own rating, just like any other skill or ability. Close Combat is a skill. You can augment your Close Combat with a feat of Strength. For example: I have a PC with a Close Combat skill of 14 who also has the Feat of Strength 14. If I want to improve my chances in Close Combat, I augment it with a Feat of Strength. I do this by making an unopposed roll against my Strength of 15. If I succeed, I get an Edge for my Close Combat Skill. If I also had the Feat of "Lightning Reflexes", I could use that to augment my Close Combat skill as well, so I would get two Edges.